The World with RFID
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is a groundbreaking technology that will serve as replacement for UPC codes and has
already been adopted by both retailer giants like Wal-Mart and Target, with the U.S. Department of Defense - the largest
consumer of goods in the world-expected to follow suit. The trend of utilizing RFID to enable the Real World Awareness
is going to open new dimensions of applications across software and hardware. The 2006 UTHF symposium aims to explore
the solutions that are needed to enable RFID systems as well as the RFID applications. The symposium is also to promote
the collaboration between Taiwan and Silicon Valley in the context of "The World with RFID" - the future.
The objectives of this UTHF symposium are:
The conference will take place at the Biltmore Hotel of Santa Clara, California on October 14, 2006.
- Provide a channel for networking with the mainstream RFID technology and standard leaders
- Gather experts and associates across the Pacific to share their knowledge and experiences in the RFID related areas.
- Explore business opportunities for enterprises, entrepreneurs and VCs alike in RFID areas.
- Promote the collaboration and interaction between RFID technology and solution communities of Taiwan and Silicon Valley, USA.
This US Taiwan High-Tech Forum is also staged to provide an exchange and networking
opportunity for the Silicon Valley technical/business leaders and Taiwanese delegation;
and to promote collaboration between technology communities of Taiwan and Silicon Valley.
- Dr. Krish Mantripragada, Program Director and Global Lead of
SAP RFID Solution and Technology Strategy Management
- Dr. Richard Swan, CTO,
EPCglobal EPCIS working group co-chair)
- Richard Bravman, Chairman & CEO of
- Jeff Jacobsen, President of
Applied Wireless Identifications Group, Inc (AWID)
- Dr. Thomas H. Lee, Professor of Standford University,
Standford Microwave Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Keith Cotterill, President and Founder of
Bonsai Development Corporation (BDC)
- Dr. Richard Zai, CTO,
Adept Identification Technologies
- Dr. Jimmy Li, Deputy Director, Initiative Office for Government RFID Applications,
Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan, and Advisor, IDEAS, III, Taiwan
- Dr. Elmer M. Hsu, VP & General Director of RFID Technology Center,
- Thomas Odenwald, Director of
Please click here for additional
More speakers will be released over the next few weeks.
Engineers, entrepreneurs, marketing professionals, and venture capitalists, who are interested in RFID,
will benefit from this comprehensive program of technology and business trends in the new RFID world.
This is a great opportunity for you to share your comments and suggestions
on the issues not covered in this program with others. Please send your
Tim Lin, Conference Co-chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Graebner, Conference Co-chair, email@example.com
Dr. Joseph Yang, Conference Co-chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Martin Chen, Program Chair, email@example.com
After 10/13/06 or On-site
*Seats are limited, please register ASAP.
*Conference price includes lunch.
*Parking is free.
*Please click REGISTRATION button below to register conference online by 10/13/06.
* Pay online with check by 10/11 to
P. O. Box 360776,
Milpitas, CA 95036
or PayPal by 10/13.
*To pay on-site, please bring cash or check, payable to NATEA-SV